Big, Tough Outdoor GPS with Camera
- 4" dual-orientation, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- 5 MP autofocus camera
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Uses rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack or AA batteries
See the Big View
Montana 650 features a vast 4", sunlight-readable touchscreen display that offers crystal clear enhanced colors and displays high-resolution images. It’s easy-to-use interface means you’ll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information. Both durable and water resistant, Montana 650 is built to withstand the elements. Bumps, dust, dirt, humidity and water are no match for this rugged navigator. No matter the setting — on the boat, in the RV or on an ATV — Montana is right at home.
Take Geotagged Pictures
Capture locations and memories with Montana 650’s 5 megapixel digital camera. Each photo is geotagged automatically with the location of where it was taken, allowing you to navigate back to that exact spot in the future. Snap and view pictures in landscape or portrait orientation. Keep track of your photos and see their locations on a map using BaseCamp™. Insert a microSD™ card for more photo storage or to view pictures from other devices.
With an array of compatible mounts, Montana 650 is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount with City Navigator maps for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
Adding more maps to Montana is easy. Load TOPO U.S. 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water, or load City Navigator map data for turn-by-turn driving directions. Add satellite images to your maps with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required). Or, transform paper maps into files you can download to your Montana with Custom Maps.
With Montana 650 you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users. So now your friends also can enjoy your favorite hike or cache – simply press “send” to transfer your information to similar units, and let the games begin.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, Montana 650 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear — whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on Montana 650 to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Navigate with Ease
Montana 650 has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Double Your Power
Montana 650 features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system. You’ll have the option of using the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries — whichever suits your needs better.
Montana 650 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. Montana 650 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp™, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Easier to Customize
Advanced Shortcut Features
Whether it’s loading an application, navigating to a waypoint, switching your profile or customizing specific settings to your needs, advanced shortcuts lets you combine these functions to create a custom-tailored, streamlined experience. Each Montana comes with pre-loaded shortcuts — Go Home, Track Log On/Off and Stop Navigation — to get you started.
More Dashboards in More Places
With 1 touch of the power button, you can pull up a multi-orientation dashboard from anywhere — your map, home screen, compass, trip computer, status page and more — so you can create more dashboards in more places.
Fully Customizable Homescreen
Whether you go somewhere often, continually change settings or create shortcuts, Montana’s fully customizable home screen allows you to bring up to 16 items from "Where To?," "Setup" and "Shortcuts" to your home screen so you can easily access them without having to click between screens.
Reorderable Menu Options
Reorder any menu however you like with this new feature, which keeps you from constantly scrolling to the bottom of a long list.
Montana’s smarter profiles feature remembers which profile you were using, based on the mount, so when you’re off-roading or trying to find a bike shop, it will put you in the right frame of mind so you can get on your way quickly.
Don’t like the way something is set up? No worries. With a tap of a button, you can configure your applications easily and quickly with adaptable controls. Have to mount on the right handle bar? No problem. Montana can accommodate left- or right-handed setups based on the screen orientation.
Big and Tough — Goes Anywhere, Everywhere
- Uses map data to display your “full track view” so you know what you’re up against
- Logs everything (waypoints, tracks, caches, etc.) on your calendar so you can review (or brag) about your accomplishments later
- Changes to “night mode” automatically so your eyes stay focused even when the sun goes down
- Includes a QWERTY keyboard so you can find what you need and take notes faster
- Helps you keep your bearings straight by letting you to lock your screen to keep it from shifting directions (portrait to landscape or vice versa)
- Includes a 5 megapixel camera; each photo automatically is geotagged with the location of where it was taken
- Includes a microSD™ card slot so you can load topographic maps (for the trail) or BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards (for the water). Also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and Custom Maps
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users
- Locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system; you can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries
- Supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit